Friday, May 16, 2008

A great idea

With only $285 dollars left to fundraise in order to reach the requirement for the Avon Walk ($1800), I was doing some serious brainstorming to come up with new ideas to raise the money. My friend, Crystal, had a brilliant suggestion. Why not just ask everyone I know for one dollar? Then they can forward the email to everyone they know, and eventually, all those dollars will add up to $285!

I immediately began composing my email to all my friends. Just $1! Oh, and in return for your donation, I will highlight a donor a day on this new blog and will write the names of every donor on a shirt I'll wear the day of the walk. I added tons of emails and clicked Send!

No sooner had I sent the email than I received several responses that said that they were unable to donate $1. Or even $5. The Avon site kept saying "invalid." Well, that's weird. I sent an email to my walker buddy to see what the problem was. A technical glitch, perhaps? Much to my surprise, my buddy said there is, in fact, a minimum donation of $10. Super. And I just sent an email to everyone I know asking for $1! Oops! Quite the fundraising backfire. Note to self: Always make sure people are actually able to donate the amount I ask of them. Sorry everyone!

Donor of the Day:
I want to highlight my wonderful friend and ex-roommate, Crystal, for her great idea! Even if it actually wasn't technically feasible, it was a wonderful thought and I really appreciate it! Thanks so much for all your help and endless supply of brilliant ideas!

To become a Donor of the Day, pledge your support online at: http://www.avonwalk.org - click on Make a Donation – then click Donate to a Participant – then click San Francisco 2008 and search for LAURA PEXTON.

No comments: