Thursday, May 29, 2008

Run Forrest!

I had to title a post that because nearly every time I do a training run/walk, someone smart alec kid yells it at me. Speaking of training runs, I enjoyed a fun 4 mile jog yesterday at the Forward Motion running club in Danville. We ran along a lovely route on Iron Horse Trail, and thanks to a great tip I got from a Prefontaine video I watched recently, I felt much better overall at the end. Here is that golden bit of information that I wish someone had told me earlier:

TIP: While running or walking, push your hips forward as though someone is pushing forward on the small of your back.

This was amazing for relieving pressure on my lower back, knees, and lungs. It is really incredible how one tiny adjustment can make everything so much easier.

Donor of the Day:
Today's donor is my wonderfully supportive boss, Sara Jane Todd. Even with a little baby on the way, she supported me in the walk and has even offered to join me on one in the future! Thanks a ton for everything! Your lil one is absolutely adorable! :)

To become a Donor of the Day, pledge your support online at: http://www.avonwalk.org - click on Make a Donation – then click Donate to a Participant – then click San Francisco 2008 and search for LAURA PEXTON.

No comments: