Tuesday, May 13, 2008

You're the Tops. You're the Tower of Pizza.

I can't begin to express how grateful I am to each and every person who has helped support me in the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer. And while I do plan to highlight and thank my donors here, I am determined to refrain from turning this blog into a glorified Oscar acceptance speech. :)

I'll share crazy training stories (like the training walk in SF when we cruised by a man simultaneously walking his dog and shaving his head with an electric razor), moments of inspiration (like when I went to the first Avon Walk expo and saw husbands and family members thanking strangers for their support), and maybe even a few tips and tricks I pick up along the way that may help another Avon walker, fundraiser, or athlete.

Donor(s) of the Day:
And the first donor high-five goes to...who else? My parents! Thanks, guys! You're the best! I am so grateful to have your support. In return for your generosity, I'll get back to playing the piano. Of course, as always, you were right. I should never have quit. Love you!

To become a Donor of the Day, pledge your support online at: http://www.avonwalk.org - click on Make a Donation – then click Donate to a Participant – then click San Francisco 2008 and search for LAURA PEXTON.

THANK YOU!!

No comments: